The Graduate Policy and Administration Community (GPAC) represents over 400 Master of Public Administration and Master of Public Policy students at the University of Southern California’s Sol Price School of Public Policy. GPAC was formed to provide students with the opportunity to build networks, practice leadership skills, and contribute to the unique culture of our school and its surrounding.
Consistent with that principle, we would like to welcome first year students to join GPAC through its First Year Committee. The purpose of GPAC’s First Year Committee is to promote first year involvement in GPAC and student leadership at Price, in addition to, creating opportunities for their development. This committee will help to carry out the mission of GPAC: building a community of leaders.
GPAC’s First Year Committee application is open to all first year Master of Public Administration (MPA) and Master of Public Policy (MPP) students at Sol School of Price. The positions available through the First Year Committee include:
- MPA First Year Liaison which will collaborate with the Executive Board
- MPP First Year Liaison which will also collaborate with the Executive Board
- MPA Committee Member
- MPP Committee Member
- Nonprofit Committee Member
- Professional Development Committee Member
- Social Committee Member (2 positions)
- Contribute to the GPAC Executive Board or GPAC Committees
- Assist in planning and execution of GPAC Events
- Attend, advertise, and promote GPAC Events, particularly to fellow first year students
- Participate in one mandatory First Year Committee meeting and attend monthly GPAC Board meetings
- Please complete the online application form: https://docs.google.com/
forms/d/ 15cqA2gd1Akrzevpfs6sSMDOiZDMZM 1TTkLzUwz9a50E/viewform
- In an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, please attach your resume (save as LastName_Resume_GPACFYCommittee)
Key application dates:
- Application goes live: August 26, 2014, 8:00 am
- Application deadline: September 5, 2014, 5:00 pm
- Applicants notified: September 12, 2014, 5:00 pm
Check out our website for more information and refer to our GPAC Leadership and Committees pages to help inform you about who you might be working with in the upcoming year.
Questions? Please contact Angie Jean-Marie or Kaya Okuniewski at email@example.com.