GPAC’s Third Annual Nonprofit Case Challenge
February 1st, 2014
Presented by GPAC Nonprofit Committee
Brought to USC Sol Price School of Public Policy by Deloitte in 2010, the inauguralCase Challenge was held in 2011. The Case Challenge provides Price graduate students an opportunity to tackle multi-faceted strategic and operating challenges that nonprofit organizations face. Competitions offer students a unique chance to deal with a real situation in a stressful setting.
Participants will be given a scenario in which a nonprofit organization faces asignificant issue or challenge. Working on the case in teams of three or four, participants need to apply their academic knowledge and practical experiences to find solutions to the problems and present recommendations to a panel of judges. Judges, composed of Price School alumni, faculty, nonprofit professionals and consultants, will evaluate the presentations and select the winning teams. Winners will receive prizes and have a great addition to their résumé!
Mark Your Calendar
- Information Session: Wednesday, January 22nd, 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m., TCC 227. All students are encouraged to attend this information session to learn more about the details of the Case Challenge and ask questions.
- Kickoff: Thursday, January 30th, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., TCC 227. The case and team assignments will be revealed. Students have about 38 hours to work with their team.
- Competition Day: Saturday, February 1st, begins at 8:30 a.m., TCC 450.
Sign Up Today
If you want to demonstrate your analytical skills and meet professionals from the industry, this is an excellent opportunity you don’t want to miss!
- Sign up here to participate! Registration closes on Tuesday, January 28th, 2014. Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis and seats are limited.
- “Like” our page on Facebook to get up-to-date information.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Nonprofit Committee Co-Chairs, Di Geng & Xiangyi Jing at firstname.lastname@example.org.