The GSG Senator application is now available in the “Important Documents” section. GSG Senators represent their respective schools/programs within the student government for the entire graduate student community at USC. This is a great way to get involved and get to know USC. First year students are eligible and applications are due Sept. 20th.
Our Boys in Blue play the Orange and Black from that other city on Sept. 13th. First pitch is at 7:10pm. If you haven’t been to a Dodgers game yet, this is the perfect opportunity. Socialize with your fellow GPACers while taking in some baseball! Guests, significant others, friends, etc. are most welcome.
Tickets are $25. We will take care of purchasing and seating — you just pay through PayPal by Sept. 6th! TICKET SALES ARE CLOSED. If you have questions, please contact GPAC Vice President Jackson Hite at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to see you there! Fight on!
Below are descriptions of a few documents that we hope will be helpful to first years (and even second years) as we begin the school year. Click here to be connected to PDFs of each.
- GPAC First Year Committee Application: This committee is open to incoming MPA’s and MPP’s and is a great leadership opportunity for students to learn more about GPAC and get involved. DEADLINE TO APPLY IS SEPTEMBER 8th!
- GPAC 2013 OrgChart: This document shows the structure of GPAC and who’s involved.
- GPAC Officer Descriptions: This describes what different GPAC officers do.
- GSG GPAC Senator Description: This is another leadership opportunity for incoming MPA’s and MPP’s to serve as a senator with the Graduate Student Government and GPAC. Separate application process to follow.
- GPAC List of Events Flyer: Finally, this is an updated flyer of our upcoming events!
To all new graduate MPA and MPP students, welcome! Please look around this site and email any of us if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you in late August.
To returning students, we are looking forward to working with you this year! Check back for more updates about this year’s exciting events!
Want to say thank you to someone at Spring Banquet? Send them a GPAC Flower Gram!
See the Flower Gram page for more information.
GPAC’s annual Spring Banquet is here! It will be held on May 11th from 6-9pm. Students, faculty, staff, and guests are all invited. Come celebrate the end of the year with us!
For more information and to buy tickets, please see the spring banquet page.
On January 26, 2013 GPAC will host the Sol Price School of Public Policy’s Second Annual Nonprofit Case Challenge focused on the nonprofit sector.
The Nonprofit Case Challenge gives students an opportunity to work on a “live case” – a situation facing a nonprofit organization dealing with real-time strategic and/or operating challenges and opportunities. Case competitions offer a unique and personally challenging opportunity to tackle a real organizational challenge in a stressful setting.
Students will be given a scenario in which a nonprofit organization faces a significant issue and/or opportunity. The case will require students – working in teams of 3 or 4 – to reflect on and apply their academic knowledge and practical experiences to create and present recommendations to a panel of judges. Judges, composed of Price School alumni, faculty, nonprofit professionals and consultants, will evaluate the presentations and select the winning teams.
This is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate your skills and meet professionals from the industry. Winners will receive prizes and have an awesome addition to their résumé!
- Kickoff on Thursday, January 24th at 5:30 pm in TCC 302 – The case and team assignments will be revealed. Students have about 38 hours to work with their team.
- Case Challenge begins Saturday, January 26th at 8:30 am.
Information Session – Tuesday, January 15th at 5:30 pm, TCC 302
All students are encouraged to attend an information session to learn more about the details of the Case Challenge, hear testimonials, and ask questions. The information session will be held Tuesday, January 15th at 5:30 pm in TCC 302.
- “Like” our page on Facebook to get up-to-date information.
- Want to participate in the case? Sign up here!
- Please note, registration is on a first come, first served basis and seats are limited.
For 18 hours only, GPAC has reopened Vegas ticket sales. Sales will close at 6pm on Dec 19th. Register while you still can!
Please note, registration for the 2013 GPAC Vegas trip is now closed.